lunes, 2 de febrero de 2009

DJ HERO

THX TO PEDESTRIAN NEWS

Bobby Kotick CEO of Activision Blizzard the makers of "Guitar Hero" has confirmed the development of a spinoff game called "DJ Hero" saying: "We have this product called 'DJ Hero' coming out later this year, which is a turntable that you actually can play competitively and spin discs and mix songs,".

Oh no, you know what this means. If every douche bag with a cracked version of Ableton thinks he's a DJ now, this time next year people like my Mum will be a "DJ Hero" in their very own living room mixing the groovy inoffensive beats of Fleetwood Mac and Simon and Garfunkel (sorry Mum).

I must admit I'm a massive Guitar Hero addict (just ask my neglected girlfriend). I bought a Wii console specifically to play Guitar Hero and quickly succumbed to its crack-like stranglehold. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and sneak downstairs for a fix, lie about after work meetings, it's all I think about on weekends, I even used my credit card to buy old Nirvana songs to play. So yeah, I'm a fan of the series so far my only problem with the prospect of "DJ Hero" is the multitude of douche bags it will inspire to actually DJ.

As far as I can tell, the clear distinction between DJ Hero and Guitar Hero (and I'm saying this despite the fact that I've never played or seen DJ Hero) is that people who are good at Guitar Hero know that hours of practice to nail a virtual Van Halen solo doesn't equate to actual guitar talent. DJ Hero on the other hand probably leads gamers to believe they can be an actual DJ once they nail mixes on expert. I'm not basing this on fact so I'm probably wrong.

Anyway here's a mix from some actual DJ Heroes the Dewaele brothers aka 2ManyDjs with the ambitious "Introversy - 420 intros in 60 minutes". Check it here.

Tracklisting:

NEIL - HEAVY CONCEPT ALBUM
PHILIP BAILEY & PHIL COLLINS - EASY LOVER
QUARTZ - QUARTZ
GODLEY & CREME - ENGLISHMAN IN NEW YORK
AUTOMAT - THE RISE
VIRGIN PRUNES - BABY TURNS BLUE
ZOMBIE NATION - FORZA
ARPADYS - MONKEY STAR
METHUSALEM - THE BLACK HOLE
GIANNI SAFRED - JAZZ COMPUTER
MAGICAL RING - BLACK SAFARI
KILLING JOKE - LOVE LIKE BLOOD
FELIX - ELVI$
THE SONICS - HAVE LOVE WILL TRAVEL
ADAM & THE ANTS - DEUTSCHER GIRLS
THE RAH BAND - THE CRUNCH
VAN HALEN - SUNDAY AFTERNOON IN THE PARK
FLASH & THE PAN - MIDNIGHT MAN
MUNICH MACHINE - SPACE WARRIOR
ZOMBIE NATION - WORTH IT
DONNA SUMMER - I FEEL LOVE
DEBORAH WASHINGTON - NOTHING BUT DRUMS
THE BAND - THE SHAPE I’M IN
DELTA 5 - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
THE B-52′S - DIRTY BACK ROAD
TODD RUNDGREN - WHERE DOES THE TIME GO
TELLIER/SEBASTIAN/OIZO - BONHOMME
MC5 - KICK OUT THE JAM
(THE REST)

No hay comentarios: