Keep Your Dreams is out October 28 (AUS), iTunes, Mod Shop, JB HIFI. Rest of the world, be on stand-by for November 14/15.
Also on the download tip, check out last week's Rolling Stone feature on the duo.
Architecture in Helsinki's latest video, directed by fellow Melbournites Krozm features the very same animatronic dolphins used in the late 90s, Jessica Alba-featuring, teenboy fantasy TV series 'Flipper'.
In the bands' words: "W.O.W acts as the soundtrack to a film about one man's quest to find answers, and in turn his place, in the natural universe. Somewhere along the line we convinced Cameron to make his acting debut, which involved him swimming fully clothed in freezing water for a whole day."Architecture in Helsinki are heading off on the final US Tour in support of the ARIA-nominated (for Best Pop Release) Moment Bends next week, dates here.
John "Juan" MacLean is a busy guy. Since his last full-length album (The Future Will Come) he's been relentlessly touring, guested on a number of other records (including Holy Ghost and Shit Robot's latest offerings), turned out a slew of remixes (apparently there are ones for Yoko Ono + Stevie Nicks in the works too) and is working on a new house project, going under the moniker 'Peach Melba'.
He's now back in the studio with Nancy Whang working on a third full-length Juan MacLean album.This week he's released a collection of new tracks, remastered favourites and remixes. It's called Everybody Get Close and is out on DFA. Here's a Modcast to mark the occasion.
1. Tale Of Us - Dark Song
2. Ramadanman And Midland - Your Words Matter
3. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Basement L.O.V.E.
4. Radio Slave - K-Maze (youANDme secret vocal mix)
5. Son Of Raw - A Black Man In Space (Sax mix)
6. Dualton & Wollion - Fakin' Pages
7. Butch - Sweet In The Morning
8. Barila and Lodetti - El Jazz Del Barrio
9. Sonny Fodera - Get By
10. The Juan MacLean - Human Disaster (House of House Remix)
11. Fantastic Man Presents Plastic Fantastic - Nuthin' But A Thing
12. The Juan MacLean - Human Disaster (Holmes Price cover)
Filmed in Long Beach, CA. Directed by Krozm.